CRDB Bank PLC is the largest bank in Tanzania in terms of Total Assets with a network of over 100 branches throughout Tanzania. Established on 1st July, 1996, it is owned by more than 11,000 shareholders and is one of the fastest growing banks in the country offering a wide range of microfinance, agent banking, retail, SME and corporate banking services. Additional information about the bank can be obtained from our website www.crdbbank.com
CRDB Bank PLC is urgently looking for suitable person to fill a vacant position of Legal Council existing in the Stressed Asset Unit at the Head Office, in Dar es Salaam.
SUMMARY OF MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide legal advice on all matter relating to recovery issues under Special Assets Management Unit and on any other matters arising.
- Review and or draft all legal documents originating from Special Assets Management Unit or requiring Special Assets Management Unit endorsement. ,
- Review and verify agreements and other legal documents to ensure correctness and proper signing Instituting and attending cases in Court of Law or Tribunal which are under Special Assets Management Unit for and on behalf of the Bank.
- Make close follow-up of all case in Court of Law or Tribunal under Special Assets Management Unit assigned to internal or external advocates and ensure that they are properly handled.
- Maintain an updated database on all cases in Court of Law or Tribunal under Special Assets Management Unit assigned to internal or external advocates.
- Prepare a weekly cases status report on all cases in Court of Law or tribunal under Special Assets Management Unit assigned to internal or external advocates.
- Participating in negotiation or bargaining on any legal matters relating or affecting the Bank which are under Special Assets Management Unit with view of protecting Bank’s interests.
- Assigning of court cases under guidance to external lawyers.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- First degree in Law with bias in Company and Commercial Law from any recognized University and is a registered Advocate.
- Five (5) years experience in practice out of which 3 years must be active practice in litigation and handling recovery matters.
- Must possess sufficient knowledge on mortgaging and other forms of security
GENERAL PROFILE AND ATTRIBUTE FOR ALL APPLICANTS
- Good inter personal skills
- Highest degree of integrity
- Ability to work independent with minimum supervision
- Must be result oriented.
- Passion to research and find legal solution
- Strong communication ability in both Kiswahili and English
- Ability to work under pressure
- Self motivated and good team player
- Good planning and organization skills
- Basic computer knowledge
REMUNERATION CRDB BANK PLC offers competitive remuneration and benefits. Successful candidate will receive attractive and competitive package commensurate with demands of the position.
MODE OF APPLICATION Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit an Application Letter accompanied with copies of academic transcript, certificates and with a detailed up to date CV with two work related referees addressed to the Director of Human Resources. Only applicants shortlisted for interview will be notified. E-mailed & faxed applications will not be accepted.
Director of Human Resources
CRDB Bank PLC
DAR ES SALAAAM
CLOSING DATE All applications must reach the Director of Human Resources not later than 8th January 2017.