India is already the world's fourth-largest economy and leading in the India sub-continent commanding $3 trillion in GDP in term of Purchasing Power Parity. India and Tanzania have had a long and strong historical and cultural ties, with Tanzania having a large and oldest India population. This relationship, underpinned by the considerable political goodwill that exists between the two countries, has now extended firmly into the cross-border business environment.
In view of this, CRDB Bank has taken a pioneering initiative in setting up the first "India Desk" in Tanzania and Indian sub-continent (Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Nepal). the Desk will act as a "single window" to support all banking businesses related with Indian sub-continent investors, exporters and importers in Tanzania and Burundi.
- A "Single Window" Service in collaboration with leading banking partners in India.
- Dedicated Hindi/Gujarati speaking Relationship Managers.
- Enabling Remittance Platform to any part of India.
- Reducing the transaction cost of doing business with India with treasury products.
- India specific trade finance products for facilitating import and export goods and services to and from India.
- Providing credit support to eligible Indian Projects in Tanzania.
- Providing financial advisory services to Indian companies to enable them optimize their businesses in Tanzania and Burundi
India Desk is a dedicated desk in collaboration with our partner banks in India - particulary two largest banks: State Bank of India and ICICI Bank, offering the entire range of banking products and services designed to facilitate your specific business needs. it is a one stop shop for Indian community including the Indian Expatriates and also for Tanzanian/Burundian companies doing business with India. The Desk is manned by skilled and committed staff fluent in Hindi/Gujarati making it a point, as always, to listen to you and design solutions to suit your needs.
India Desk is a dedicated unit offering a complete suite of international products and services and Tanzania advisory. The India Desk provides advisory on overview of the investment climate and financial advisory besides providing complete banking solutions.
The "single window" operation of the Desk cuts across all customer segments namely Corporate, SME and individuals as well as Business Verticals - Corporate, Treasury, Trade Finance, Alternative Banking and Retail.